Saturday, January 2, 2010

Good riddance, 2009.

2009 was kind of a shite year for us, especially the month of November. In November, our sweet calico Random was diagnosed with cancer and subsequently died the day after Thanksgiving. And my mom crossed a line, leading to me not speaking to my parents, or seeing them for Christmas, which has made me very sad, but it's neccessary. Oh, and I ran out of Cymbalta and got an ugly 2-week-long reminder of the fact that I have a chemical imbalance that requires medication, and that I am incapable of controlling my anxiety. Because, you know, you can't really control your brain chemicals.

On New Year's Eve, I had an appointment with my surgeon's nurse practitioner, as well as a pre-op with anesthesiology. I still need to lose about 10 lbs. I am doing Atkins until my surgery date, because that's the only diet that I've ever actually lost any weight on. Mmmm...bacon. I took NYE and yesterday off, but I am back on it hardcore today and I need to stick with it so that I can at least get close to the pre-surgery weight of 370 that my surgeon wants to see.

I'm not really making resolutions this year. I feel like I am doing enough to make major changes in my life by having this surgery and going back to school...I don't really need to make a list. I feel like I have set a lot of big things in motion, and I am really feeling positive about 2010.

2 comments: